DIENST-ETRDL How to submit a new document
This document describes the steps that authors in the ERCIM
community should follow to submit a document to the DL administrator.
Completion of these steps will result in the presentation of the
document to the system administrator for submission in the ETRDL database.
From the main page the user must select the Submit a Document option and
start the submission procedure as follows:
- Compile a bibligraphic record for the new document by filling in the
fields on the form presented by the system.
The system will perform an automatic check on the formal correctness of the
contents of the obligatory fields.
Instructions to guide the user in the correct compilation of a field can be
obtained by clicking on the name of that field.
- If a document consists of just the Abstract, click on the
checkbox to move on to point No. 5.
- Select the file containing the document to be transferred to the
server, using the Browse option.
- Indicate the format of the file by using the pulldown menu.
permitted formats are:
- When the form has been filled in, click on one of the
- Submit the form, to confirm the data and continue with the
- Clear the form, to cancel the content of all the fields.
- If the user has chosen Submit the form,
the data submitted will be displayed. In this way, the user can check that
the the values are correct. One of the following options must then be chosen:
- Confirm, to send the bibliographic record and document to the System
- Go Back, to return to the form and correct any mistakes
- Discard, to cancel the entire document submission procedure and
go back to the homepage
- If the file type selected at point No. 3 is either HTML or TIFF, the
system allows the user to submit a new file as follows: i) select the file
using the Browse option and ii) confirm the selection with Submit
- If the file type selected at point No. 3 is HTML, the new file can be
in HTML, GIF or JPEG.
- If the file type selected at point No. 3 is TIFF, the new file must
also be in TIFF.
The procedure described above at point 7. is recursive and is terminated
using the Confirm option, described in point 6.
Comments and errata corrige are welcome! Please email them to firstname.lastname@example.org